Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Potty Mouth Police

*Foul language WARNING.*

Pet peeve 1,467 - The Potty Mouth Police.

Since when has Facebook and/or Myspace become a family affair? I've been hearing and reading lately, about people so pissed off that someone has dropped the 'F-bomb' and their children happened to have read it. #1) Why are you letting your six year old have a profile on a social network, especially one with mostly adults? I wouldn't. 2) We are all adults, well MOST of us are, so what does it matter how I chose to speak (or type)? I see little teenagers, and even some twenty-somethings typing like they never had an English class before...and they never really get any backlash (although they should because it makes my skin crawl to see 'know' spelt 'no'). The last time I checked I live in the good ole USA. A country of freedom. A country that supposedly upholds the Constitution. I have the right of free speach and by George I'm going to exercise my right. If I want to scream (or rather type, in all caps) the word FUCK...guess what? I'm going to do just that. Don't like it? Well, that's something more in the range of YOUR problem, and not MINE. It just burns my ass to hear from someone how I am vulgar for typing some curse words, when they themselves trade derogatory insults with their spouses and/or other people. What makes you any better than me exactly? Maybe you just want to be the one who messes up your kid, is that it? I tell ya what. De-friend me, and just move it on along. I watch my mouth in front of MY child. I worry about MY child. When I see someone being a total and complete retard I (usually) don't call them out, I either ignore it and move on or I delete them. It's called being grown. And since I am grown, I can do what I want. It's one of those wonderful perks that I completely enjoy about being an adult. All that being said...I am (again..usually) a VERY respectful person ...to those who respect me. If we have this mutual respect and you prefer I tone down my opinions and/or cursing, I do. If I couldn't care any less about you or what you think, it's a different matter.

I could, honestly, rattle on all day about this sort of stuff. But I'll end it here. I just had to get that out of my system because it's been killing me for some time now. Yes, indeed. Ahem...moving on... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment