Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


Whether this is your first or your 50th, Happy Mother's Day. Whether you have furbabies or human babies, Happy Mother's Day. Whether you are still waiting for babies or you have 15 babies, Happy Mother's Day.

The title of 'Mommy' is a sacred one, not to be taken for granted. Although it is YOUR day, honor your children as well because without them you wouldn't be able to wear that title. I know ladies who would give anything to be called mommy and for her friends and family to call her on this day to wish her well. Being a mother is *the* greatest blessing. Being a mother is a career. The most important one that will ever exist. You are shaping a human life. I take being a mommy very seriously. I watch my actions and change them according to how I want my daughter to act. Being a mother is about making mistakes. There is no perfect parent. Perfect doesn't exist. But being the absolute BEST you can, does. Thinking about your child (or children) first is the name of the game. Giving them values, morals and the courage to stand up for their personal convictions. Give them hope, a shoulder to cry on, self esteem, love, strength, imagination, patience and respect. They will give it back to you. The strongest mothers (and people) I've known are the mothers who have lost a child. They must go on while literally missing pieces of their heart and soul. I'm not sure how they do it, but rest assured that they do. I honor these mothers, the most.


So here's to all of you moms out there. Give yourself a great big hug or better yet hug your babies to you. Sit back and revel in the miracles you made. You are AMAZING.



Happy Mother's Day! <3





No comments:

Post a Comment