Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Victory: DADT is signed into history! / Aging

WARNING: Strong language is included in this one. I tried hard not to use it, but I can't always be perfect. lol

What an amazing thing to behold on this day, December 22, 2010; DADT is FINALLY signed into history by President Obama. I am very happy for our fellow Americans who can now be themselves, although they will still, I'm sure, endure hate crimes and such at the hands of bigots the world over. Unfortunately, this cannot be changed because these bigots will raise their children to become bigots and so forth. Hopefully, the chain can be broken and parents will start to raise their children to be intelligent compasionate people. That's my personal hope for future generations. I know my husband and I will NEVER teach our daughter any form of hatred. It still makes me sick to think of the double standard that goes along with this: lesbians are okay because they are a form of sexual entertainment, but gay men are not because...because...they touch men parts together. Rubbish! Complete, absolute, idiotic rubbish.

Before I go further I want to include the link to the DADT article HERE :
http://www.military.com/news/article/dadt-signed-into-history.html?ESRC=sm_mil.nl

Now, back to my thoughts. Bigotry is so idiotic I can just see some "man" telling his wife their child or children cannot have a Cheer Bear Care Bear [the one with the rainbow on the tummy] because it may make their child or children 'turn gay'. Because, after all, everyone knows the rainbow is the international sign for gay people. [Now, here is where the naughty language comes in...] Where the hell do people get off telling others how to live? How in the hell is a rainbow going to make a child gay? Sad part is, I've heard of instances where someone has actually said that! Seriously! And it makes me sick. Mostly for those children who have to grow up in families like that. Those poor babies would be better off adopted than to have to live with bigotty idiots. Yes, I made up 'bigotty'. It's my blog, I can do that. Welcome to Nikki's world. lol

I just don't get it. I mean, there was even a comment under this DADT signing story from a man appoligizing to his son because 'he'll have to serve with butt-lovers'. How mature of him, right? When it comes to religion, sexual orientation, or just plain anything 'outside the box' people suddenly turn into four year olds. What exactly are they afraid of? Is it just that people are afraid of things they do not understand? I'm forced to throw up everytime I hear of someone being the victim of a crime or discrimination simply because of their religion, race, creed, sexual orientation, etc. This is freakin' two thousand and ten people. But, apparently, to most living in the good ole US of A, it's still around 1920. Which is disgusting. Where would we be today if we had not waged a war against society? A society that stated different races couldn't even go to school together, much less marry and have children. A society that said women couldn't vote or be heads of household, much less be in the military and be allowed to voice their opinions freely. A society that says only a Christian is worth fighting for, other religions are on the 'dark side' and must be exterminated.

Now, let me make this abundantly clear. I am a proud American. I'm a ever-lovin' Army wife for goodness sake, and I am extremely proud of my husband. BUT America lately has made me want to live elsewhere. Would you like to know why? Actually, you already know. Look at these poor sweet kids committing suicide because they are being bullied by idiotic kids [who no doubt hear these things from their parents], just because they are gay. Hate crimes against people with different religions. Babies being born and then murdered all because the mom may not get her welfare check so she's worried she may not be able to feed herself, so she gets rid of the baby. Catholic priests molesting THOUSANDS of children WORLDWIDE. See what I'm saying? I can't blame America, and I'm really not. BUT so much hypocrisy happens in the USA that it makes me feel ashamed. The world is going nuts. And those nuts are rotten and flowing with maggots. It's sickening. I imagine a world of peace, or at least a 'live and let live' attitude. We, as human beings, have no right to tell anyone else how to live, what to think, what to believe, what to wear, what color your hair must be, what to weigh, what to eat, what tv shows to watch, etc. WAKE UP and be a part of the change that must happen NOW. NOW. That's right. NOW.

Ahem. Moving on...

I also came across another article entitled, 'Old Woman, Wise Woman, Powerful Woman: The Beauty of Aging' . HERE's the link :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/julie-daley/old-woman-wise-woman-powe_b_798942.html

I am so curious what's so bad about aging. It's the most natural process in life. It's also extremely inevitable. No one, and I mean NO ONE is going to live forever. Now, I believe our 'spirit' lives forever but our physical bodies do die. We all age. I see grey hair as a mark of wisdom, not ugliness. I watched my grandmother age until she passed and she was still beautiful. I've watched my mother age and, to me, she's just as beautiful [although she's not old, at all..lol]. I've aged, and my husband finds me more and more attractive as the years go by. So I ask again, what's so bad about aging? Our society has very effectively brainwashed people to believe beauty only lies in youth. Which makes absolutely no sense. I have no clever antidote for this, because it completely escapes me at why society is trying so hard to alienate our older generations. I do not want to become plastic, or a robot. So I'll stick to this graceful aging process. Thank you very much. I'm human, and that's the way I'd like it to stay.

What really burns my buns though, is that this whole aging thing is mainly directed at WOMEN. What's hilarious is that it was prompted by something Rush Limbaugh said about Hillory Clinton. Now, let's be honest here. Mr. Limbaugh looks like a swollen dolphin. He's no prize catch himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment